Thursday, August 18, 2005

No Political Fruit Here

My nephew likes the site. I'm glad because I honestly respect his opinion. So when he asked me not to politicize it, I decided to honor his recommendation.

On my second day of being a blogger I have decided to share my tomatoes' with you. Last summer came and went, and I never even touched a fresh tomato. I missed them. So this year I decided to grow a couple of plants to satisfy my desire for the sweet, acidic fruit. I took twelve plants, yes twelve, (the price was right) and squeezed them into three big pots. My feedback was that this would not work because they were too tight together. That might be true but look at the pictures. There are plenty of tomatoes' for this household. There are six "Oxhearts", and six "Health-nuts". The Oxheart is a fairly common, familiar tomato to most of us. The Health-nut is a plum type tomato. It is very meaty with very little juice or seeds. Good for munching straight off the vine over the kitchen sink with salt shaker in hand. I put four of each type of plant in two pots and two of each in the third pot. As you can see, I am getting plenty of fresh tomatoes this year. Not bad for a guy who doesn't know a trowel from a plow.

Does anyone need a few tomatoes?

Next year... ZUCCHINI'S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home